Wednesday 5 December 2012

My kind of nothing much week - w/c 19th Nov

After Surf Camp we returned to Sydney where I spent the weekend just exploring Sydney and pottering around, I ventured out of the CBD (Central Business District) to Newtown for drinks and sushi on Saturday night - nicest hidden sushi restaurant ever, will definitely be heading back there.

On the Monday and Tuesday I registered online with TAW which was part of the Ultimate Oz package, planned the initially stages of my trip down the East Coast, booked flights and completed my online RSA (Responsible Sale of Alcohol) which you need to have for each state in Australia if you want to work in a bar / with alcohol, my RSA is for Queensland and Victoria, so part of my thinking is that I will try and get some bar work in Melbourne when I get there next year, but we'll see, I'm quite enjoying just taking each day as it comes.



On the Tuesday afternoon I met up with an old friend from Questors - Siobhan, who is living in Sydney and she very kindly took me and one of her friends on a road trip to the Northern Beaches! We visited 'Summer Bay' which is actually called Palm Beach, and they were doing some filming there so that was cool to see and made me really, really, really miss being in front of the camera (I am missing acting soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much there aren't enough 'O's to express it), then we headed off to Whale Beach, Avalon and Balmoral. A freak wave decided to SOAK ME on one of the beaches, massive panic followed as I had all of my electrical equipment in my canvas bag! Thankfully it was just me that was water logged, phew! We then went on a tour of all the very grand houses which all have the STEEPEST driveways ever, no exaggeration they were almost vertical. It was a lovely day out and about and good to escape the city and spend some time with Siobhan!

Bluebell Jellyfish - they were washed up all over one of the beaches
Wednesday was my last day in Sydney before my flight to Cairns, so I completed my barskills course in the afternoon, which was good fun once all the 'overexcited because they could drink the beer' 18 year olds shut up, me and Rosa were not impressed!! But we got a few free cocktails from it and I can now officially pull a beer!! That evening I packed and the remaining Ultimate Oz group left in Sydney - Rosa, Liv, Sarah, Sharlene, James, Sam, Rich and I all went for goodbye drinks as myself and Rich were flying up to Cairns the next day (well I say the next day, our flight was at 6am, we were up 3.30am to get to the train station, tired.com!).

And then on Thursday my East Coast adventure started!

No comments:

Post a Comment