Wednesday 23 January 2013

Coolangatta 11th - 13th

Not a bad photo if I do say so myself ;) how could you ever get bored of views like this?



My next stop was to Coolangatta, to stay with a good friend of mines (Alexis) friend. James and his flat mates were so lovely and hospitable and they had such a gorgeous apartment with the most amazing view, it was pure luxury in comparison to some of the places I had been staying! Being Doctor's, there experience of living in Australia was invariably different to mine, as they had the luxury of a disposable income, whereas I had the luxury of having no ties or commitments - swings and roundabouts really.

Had a few fairly chilled out days here, James very kindly was a tour guide for me on the 11th and 12th and we drove around to some of the sights of Kirra and Coolangatta and to a few different beaches. I attempted to go surfing with the boys, but bottled it, the waves were A LOT stronger than the ones I had learnt on, and it was packed with pro / semi-pro surfers and I could just see it would all end in tears so instead I sat on my surf board and watched everyone else. There is something quite therapeutic about watching surfers. This is also where the final of the ASP Surf Competition will take place which also shows you that the waves must be quite immense to surf on if all the pro's come here to compete....good shout I think of not embarrassing myself!

On my last day I just had a wander around, went to a few photography galleries and also visited the border, where not only are you crossing over from Queensland to New South Wales - there is also an hours time difference, which can get very confusing!!!

Border line
View of a rainbow from the surf club - yep thats right drinking at a surf club - so Australian!
Later that evening we all headed down to Byron Bay for a house party and night out, and this is where I said goodbye to James and co and stayed in Byron for a week, which was quite possibly my favourite place so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment