Wednesday 23 January 2013

Noosa 6th - 8th December

So after surviving my 17 hour bus journey on a Greyhound bus I arrive in Noosa, slightly tired and with a sore neck from the odd positions I was 'sleeping' in. But in all honest it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Apart from the girl next to me trying to take up as much space as possible, for those of you that know territorial Lauren - this was obviously not going to happen. Two can play that game!

Next stop - Nomads hostel. We had to wait a few hours to check in but the few of us that were on the bus all bonded over a game of pool and these were the guys we ended up hanging around with throughout our time in Noosa.

That afternoon I spent having a nose around Noosa, nothing too exciting and over a few drinks at dinner a few of us decided that we would go to the Australia Zoo the next day.
We weren't planning on it raining the next day, which it did, a lot, but it was rainy season so to be expected really. Although none of us were dressed in anyway shape or form for rain, so were thankful when it stopped and decided to stay away!







Now Australia Zoo - I'm afraid to say I was very disappointed with. Costing me just under $50 with my student discount card I definitely didn't think it was worth the money and neither did any of the guys I went with. But still we were there and so made the most of it, we feed Elephants and Kangaroo's, patted Koala's watched a Crocodile and Tiger show, checked out all of the poisonous snakes...and re-realised that most of them are in the same country I am currently in....eeeek....and basically tried to kill time until the coach came to pick us up. If Steve Irwin's name wasn't associated with this Zoo I don't think it would be deemed anywhere near as popular as it is or held in such high esteem, as to be honest I've been to ones as good, if not better in London and Madrid. So unless you are a massive animal or Steve Irwin lover or have a spare $50 I wouldn't recommend wasting the day going here. It's also really odd that in the gift shop Steve's oldest child - Bindi is like a Hannah Montana kind of celebrity! She has her own range of books, handbags, CD's, DVD's, photo's...you name it and Bindi's face is on it!


That evening we all just partied at the hostel again, and the next day we went on one of the coastal walks, before heading back to the hostel to chill for a few hours, before I had to have my Fraser Island meeting in the evening.

I liked Noosa but I wasn't massively taken with it, the beach as with most beaches in Oz was beautiful and very near the hostel and when it wasn't raining it was baking hot! And the Hostel itself had a nice cosy feel, but needed air con in the rooms! Sweating much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment